Saturday 24 March 2012

Burlesque Survival Kit

Last night, Rockalily performed at Babylon with a few special guests. The event was to raise money for Planned Parenthood Ottawa, and did we ever! It was a success for everyone involved and we couldn't be more thankful to our friends and fans who came to show their support.

Backstage at a burlesque show, we are constantly asking to borrow things from each other; scissors, titty tape, gloves, etc. A few months ago, I took a large makeup bag (A cute little Betsey Johnson that my mom gave me for Christmas, actually) and stuffed it with often overlooked burlesque necessities.

Here is what I keep in my burlesque survival kit, and I must say, if Survivorman Les Stroud had to endure 5 hours as a burlesque performer, he'd be damn proud of my emergency kit.


  • safety pins
  • bobby pins
  • scissors
  • a red lipstick
  • an extra set of pasties
  • an extra set of tassels
  • double-sided body tape
  • miniature hairspray
  • an extra pair of stockings
  • eyelash glue (great for stopping a run in stockings, as well as applying eyelashes)
  • an extra pair of evening gloves
  • a large container of silver craft glitter
  • several wetnaps
  • a few mini packets of superfine makeup glitter


What would you keep in an emergency kit for a burlesque performance?

No comments:

Post a Comment