Saturday 28 January 2012

First!

A few years back, when I lived in Montreal, I had some short-lived popularity with a veg*n cooking blog. I intend to use this blog for cooking, burlesque, art, and whatever tickles my fancy (read: a lot of pictures of my cats).  So....

Right now I'm working on developing a seitan-based, vegan version of the Montreal smoked meat sandwich. It should be ready for launch in the Gypsy Kitchen Cafe in the early spring. I, personally, can't wait. I'm starting to work on transitioning the cafe-fare to a bit more of a diner/deli menu. Not that I don't love the snacks and paninis that we serve, but my culinary capabilities are craving something a little more complex, and Ottawa is sorely lacking in fast, inexpensive, and delicious vegan lunch options that are not samosas. 

I'm going to go eat a pickle.

Next time I post something I'll try to include a photo or a recipe or something else interesting, but not *too* interesting; my mom is getting good at the internet, I don't want to have any 'splainin to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment